Always follow these Eclipse system administration best practices:
- Perform and verify backups prior to all system maintenance.
- Perform all system maintenance off-hours where potential impact to end-users is minimized.
- Keep your system up-to-date by installing updates (e.g. operating system, software, and firmware updates) and rebooting on a monthly basis.
- Proceed with caution when logged into any system as a “super user” (e.g. root, administrator).
- Review all administration documentation thoroughly prior to completing an administration procedure.
- Ask questions before making and changes if there is ever any confusion.